An educated nation is the builder of society and country. To build an educated society, we need knowledgeable citizens; to become knowledgeable citizens, we need books and external knowledge. Although the concept of digital books has become widespread, the demand for paper books has not decreased but has increased. People feel more comfortable reading paper books than reading on mobile, tab, laptop, or desktop screens. Therefore, for the knowledge-hungry people, America’s 136-year-old Retail Bookselling outlet company “Barnes & Noble Booksellers” is selling various books, including multiple items online in addition to the outlet. There are more than six hundred and fourteen bookstores in all fifty states across America, with more in the pipeline and planned, depending on customer demand. This company, which operates America’s most prominent retail bookselling outlet, has more than twenty-four thousand employees. Barnes & Noble Booksellers has the HR Connect Self-Service Portal for all active employees to access Pay Stubs and W2 Statements and the Ultipro Employee Self-Service Portal for former employees.
Access Process for the Barnes & Noble Active Employees in the HR Connect Self-Service Portal for Pay Stubs and W2
- Active employees of Barnes & Noble can sign in to the HR Connect Self-Service Portal through Microsoft’s SSO (Single Sign On) process by visiting this link (http://www.hrconnect4bned.com/). New Barnes & Noble employees signing in as first-time portal users must go through a one-time setup process.
- First, sign in with the User Name and Initial Password of the organizational account given to you. Your User Name will be corp\s + your 9-digit Employee ID, and your Initial Password will be Welcome + the last four digits of your SSN. Then provide your date of birth in mm/dd/yyyy format with slashes (/) to complete your authentication process. Then pay close attention to the message on the screen and sign in to the email you provided to complete the Onboarding Paperwork when you joined Barnes & Noble. Click on the link attached in the email sent to you from HR Connect. Your email will be confirmed, and you will reach the HR Connect home page.
- Now you should change your Password through the Self-Service Password Reset link (https://idm.bncollege.com/sspr/public/?). Your Password will expire every 90 days in HR Connect, and then change the Password through the Self-Service Password Reset or Forgot Password link. After changing the Password, wait at least 15 minutes and try to sign in again.
- To update your Federal/State Tax Withholding, navigate to Myself/Income Tax from the HR Connect home page and click “Add/Change Withholdings From (W-4)” under “Things I Can Do.” Answer each question correctly, check the answers by clicking “Next,” click on the checkbox below and click “Sign and Save.” Be sure to select Federal/State while updating.
Access Process for the Barnes & Noble Former Employees in the Ultipro Employee Self-Service Portal
- Former employees can access the Ultipro Employee Self-Service Portal to access pay stubs and W2s during their employment at Barnes and Noble. For this, navigate to this link (https://n32.ultipro.com) through any Chrome, Safari, or Edge browser except Internet Explorer.
- Then sign in by inputting your Barnes & Noble Employee ID as Username and your 5-digit zip code + 4-digit birth year + BNED without spaces as Password.
- After signing in for the first time, follow the on-screen instructions to change your Password, create a new password, and set up a security question by answering a few questions. With security questions, you can manually reset your Password at home if needed.
- For your Pay Stub or W2 Statement, go to the “Myself” tab from the “Menu” and explore the “Pay” section.
Disclaimer: The Barnes & Noble and Barnes & Noble logos are the registered trademarks and copyrighted works of Barnes & Noble Booksellers, Inc.