COVID-19: New mobile-friendly site to apply for unemployment benefits in Florida.
Application to the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity (DEO) is now open through a mobile-friendly website, and DEO CONNECT due to the staggering number of new unemployment claims. Both websites are for everyone to apply to, but too many errors are experienced at DEO CONNECT; thus, a lot of people in Florida have struggled to file a claim. Therefore, you can apply for the unemployment benefits with the new mobile-friendly portal- it is convenient, user-oriented, and provides a much better experience for smartphone and tablet users.
How to Apply-
- Go to the DEO’s new launched RA Claims website
- Complete the registration process or log in.
- Change your password if you’re asked.
- Click on “Create Claim,” then select “New Claim” and then Claim (blue color).
- Read the “Fraud Alert” notice and select Yes, then submit.
- Enter your personal information, including name and residential information. Click on Next.
- Enter your identification information, SSN, employment, and employer information in the following steps.
- You have to select “COVID-19” as a reason for separation. Once done, submit your application.
- Need assistance! You can call at 800-204-2418.