From the founding of Wakefern to the present day, Saker’s family has been with the company. The Seker family currently owns and operates thirty ShopRite Supermarkets and a Dearborn Marketplace. ShopRite supermarkets run by the Saker family can be seen in Central New Jersey. The Saker family is committed to creating world-class shopping arrangements for customers in these supermarkets. Initially, Wakefern operates three hundred and sixty-nine supermarkets through fifty-one members under various brands such as ShopRite, Price Rite, Dearborn Market, The Fresh Grocer, etc. The Wakefern network has over eighty thousand employees. Their markets are found in New York, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Virginia, but they have more than half the supermarkets in New Jersey. For these reasons, the company has been selected as the largest private employer in New Jersey for several years.
- Pay Stubs & W2s
All employees working at Wakefern’s ShopRite, Price Rite, Dearborn Market, The Fresh Grocer, Gourmet Garage, and Fairway Market, including the ShopRite Supermarket and Dearborn Market, run by the Saker family, will be able to access their pay-stubs and necessary tax forms online. We will first divide the discussion of pay-stubs and necessary tax form access into two parts. The first part is about the current employees, and the last part is about the former employees. This is because the important tax form access system is entirely different for current and former employees.
- The first part–Current Employee
These guidelines only apply to employees currently working under the Wakefern network. If you are a newly recruited employee, contact the Human Resources section and collect the user ID and password to use the Employee Self Service Portal. Download the pay-stub or tax form in print or PDF file by following the instructions below.
- 1.Visit the Employee Self Service Portal powered by Oracle PeopleSoft. The web address of the Employee Self Service Portal is https://ess.wakefern.com/
- 2. Login with your user ID and password.
- 3. If you are using a web version from a computer, click on the “Self Service” sub-header under the “Main Menu.” If you are using a mobile version from a mobile device, click on the “Self Service” sub-menu under “Navigator.”
- 4. The “Self Service” sub-menu has three more options called Time Reporting, Personal Information, and Payroll and Compensation. From that option, you click on “Payroll and Compensation.”
- 5. If you want to access Pay-Stub, click on the “View Paycheck” option under “Payroll and Compensation.” This option is above all. On the next screen, your possible pay-stubs with the date of check delivery will be displayed with the table. You need to click on the “View Paycheck” link in front of the check delivery date to view the pay-stub. As a result, you will see your pay-stub on the next screen.
- 6. On the other hand, if you want to access the W-2 form, click on the “View W-2 / W-2C Form” option under “Payroll and Compensation.” This option is at the bottom of all. On the next screen, your potential tax forms with the year of W-2 distribution will be visible along with the table. You need to click on the “Year-End-Form” link in front of the W-2 distribution year to view the W-2 form. As a result, you will see your W-2 form on the next screen. If you are a new employee, give your consent to get your W-2 form online.
- The last part – a former employee
If you are a former employee, you can access the 2020 tax form from the web portal distributing tax forms called Paperless Employees. Since you have recently lost your job or voluntarily quit your job at Wakefern, it seems to me that you are new to the Paperless Simplify Self Service Portal. For those who are new or first-time users, everyone has to complete the mandatory registration process. To register, go to this link paperlessemployee.com/Wakefern and click on the “Create Account” button. You will need to complete the account creation process by providing some personal information. Finally, if you want, you can download your tax form in a PDF file or order to receive it by postal mail. Also, if you need correction, you can reissue through this portal.
I hope this article will help you. If you have any questions about the issues discussed in this article, you can ask your questions through comments. I will try my best to response your question. Have a good day and have fun.