Near the end of the First Industrial Revolution period, two hundred years ago today, the New York Gas Light Company, considered the first corporate predecessor of Con Edison, began its journey. Later during the Second Industrial Revolution, several gas companies merged a few years after the invention of electricity to form the Consolidated Gas Company. It then changed to Consolidated Edison, Inc and became widely known as Con Edison or ConEd. The company is one of the largest investor-owned companies in the US energy services industry, providing electric, gas, and steam services throughout the New York metropolitan area. Leading the Clean Energy Transition, the company is working on a mission to transition from fossil fuels to a net-zero economy. However, the most impressive thing is that the company has consistently adapted to the times and is still operating successfully in today’s era of the digital revolution. Even today, Pay Stubs and W2 Statements are distributed electronically to employees through digital platforms. In today’s article, I will discuss the Pay Stubs and W2 Statements distribution process for Con Edison retiree employees and the online platform used in this process.
Access the Retiree Self-Service Portal for Pay Stubs
Even after retirement, employees associated with Con Edison can still access the myHR Connection as a Human Resources portal through the Retiree Self-Service Portal. Then you can check Pay Stub, receive pension verification letters, and access personal, financial, and benefits information. So, after retirement, you must first undergo the following one-time registration process.
- Visit the login page of the Retiree Self-Service Portal using this link (https://coned.okta.com/home/conedison_myhrcretiree_1/0oajsh077p4w4VXRX0x7/alnjsh4nbeQA7AiYN0x7) directly for registration. Then click on the “REGISTER” link and submit your First Name, Last Name, and Email Address for the new login ID. An email with a “Verify Email Address” link from the portal’s system will be sent to your email account. Login to your email, click on “Verify Email Address,” and it will take you to the “Create Your Profile” page, where you will need to create your password. Then select the Second Verification Method by providing your phone number and clicking the “Submit” button. You can also complete the registration process successfully by selecting Security Question instead of phone number and submitting its answer.
- Now login to the portal and complete “One-Time Retiree Validation” by submitting your net pay as per Employee ID, Birth Date, and Net Pay according to your last pay stub. Now you can explore all information, including your Pension Check or Pay Stub, by navigating to “HR Payroll” from the dashboard.
Access the ADP W2 Online Portal for W2 Statements
- Retired Con Edison employees can access their W2 Statements as soon as they are updated by signing up for the ADP W2 Online Self-Service Portal. To register first, visit this link (https://w2.adp.com/) and navigate to the “Create account” (or Register Now) link. Then enter Con Edison’s Registration Code (Coned-V2P) in “I have a registration code” and click on the “Continue” button.
- Then provide your name as it appears on your Pay Stub or according to your Employee Profile and select “W-2 Services.” Then provide your Social Security Number without any spaces, Employee ID, Con Edison Company Code (V2P), and the five-digit zip code of your home address for validation. Then after answering the security questions, provide your email and phone number, and finally, create the password.
- You must complete this registration process by December 31st to receive your W2 Statement by January 31st. Then after receiving the notification on your phone or email, sign in to the portal and click on “DOWNLOAD STATEMENT” to access your W2 Statement.
Disclaimer: The Con Edison and Con Edison logos are Consolidated Edison, Inc.’s registered trademarks and copyrighted works.