Tufts Medical Center is a renowned academic medical institution located in downtown Boston, Massachusetts, near Chinatown and the Theater District. It comprises two hospitals: a full-service adult hospital and Tufts Children’s Hospital, which closed in 2022. Serving as the main teaching hospital for Tufts University School of Medicine, Tufts Medical Center is heavily involved in comprehensive research and numerous clinical trials, providing a wide array of unique employment prospects (www.jobs.tuftsmedicalcenter.org). The Medical Center is part of the Tufts Medicine network, ensuring comprehensive healthcare services. Recent recognitions include an “A” rating from Leapfrog’s hospital safety rating for Spring 2023, a spot on Newsweek’s World’s Best Hospitals 2022 list, and a Leader in LGBTQ Health Care Equality for 2022. Its excellence extends to various specialties and procedures, as highlighted by U.S. News & World Report, and it holds distinctions from Blue Cross Blue Shield in multiple areas of care. Accessible via major routes and public transport, Tufts Medical Center continues to be a pillar of exceptional patient care and medical education. Anyway, in this article, I will discuss how Tufts Medical Center employees can access their pay stubs and tax forms through Lawson using Citrix.
How to Access Tufts Medical Center Pay Stubs & W2s by Using Citrix?
In 2019, Tufts MC updated remote work protocols for staff using personal devices, introducing Citrix as the primary technology to ensure secure access. Citrix reduces risks related to patient information and allows a broader range of devices to connect, including Windows, Mac, Apple, and Android devices. Personal devices can only access Tufts MC systems via Citrix; VPN or direct connections are unsupported. To utilize Citrix, staff must have two-factor authentication set up and should use the Mobile VIP Access. While Citrix Receiver comes pre-installed on Tufts MC computers, personal device users need to follow the IT guide for setup and configuration.
A Comprehensive Guide to Setting Up Citrix Workspace for Tufts Medical Center Staff
Citrix Receiver, produced by Citrix, Inc., enables secure access to Tufts Medical Center’s network and applications from external networks using personal or Tufts MC-owned computers, subject to managerial permission and security administration approval. Check Point Mobile VPN offers a more direct network connection, mimicking on-site access, but is limited to approved users and provisioned computers. Personal computers can access Tufts MC resources via Citrix but are prohibited from connecting through VPN or on-campus networks, with Tufts MC not providing IT support for personal computers. Contact email@example.com for guidance and permissions. Tufts Medical Center has embraced Citrix technology to facilitate remote access for its staff, ensuring a secure and efficient connection to the network and its resources. This guide provides detailed instructions for setting up Citrix Workspace (formerly known as Citrix Receiver) across various devices including Windows computers, Mac OSX, Apple iPhone, and Android devices.
For Windows Users
Downloading and Installing Citrix Receiver
- Navigate to the Citrix Receiver Download Page.
- Select “Receiver for Windows” and initiate the download.
- Locate the downloaded file in your PC’s ‘Downloads’ folder and run the installation file.
- Follow the on-screen instructions, accepting the license agreement, and proceed to install.
Configuring and Logging into Citrix Workspace
- Open Citrix Workspace and enter the server address: access.tuftsmedicalcenter.org.
- Input your Tufts MC Network ID and Password. Remember not to save your password to avoid potential account lockouts.
- Select the “Tufts-Citrix” account and complete the Multi-Factor Access setup using the VIP Access mobile application.
- You are now ready to access the Tufts Medical Center Citrix Servers.
For Mac OSX Users
Downloading, Installing, and Configuring Citrix Receiver
- Download Citrix Receiver from the official website.
- Run the installation file from Mac and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Add your account using the server address: access.tuftsmedicalcenter.org, and complete the setup using your Tufts MC credentials and Mobile VIP Access token.
For Mobile Device Users (Apple iPhone and Android)
Downloading Citrix Workspace and Logging In
- Download Citrix Workspace from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
- Open the app and set up your account using the server address: access.tuftsmedicalcenter.org.
- Enter your Tufts MC Network User ID, password, and complete the 2 Factor authentication.
- You are now ready to access Citrix on your mobile device.
- Select ‘Favorites’ or ‘Apps’ from the menu.
- Click on the required app to launch it.
- Use the app as needed and explore additional settings for a customized experience.
Accessing Your Pay Stubs Through Circle Citrix
Before you can view your pay stubs, ensure you have properly set up your access to Circle Citrix. There are two distinct links for logging in:
- Internal Access: If you are connected to the Tufts MC Network, use this link.
- External Access: For access outside the Tufts MC Network, visit this link.
First-time users need to register for Citrix and obtain VPN access as previously outlined. Two-factor authentication via a security code is required, and users should have already registered for VIP using the instructions provided in the previous setup guide.
Accessing Pay Stubs
Once you have successfully logged in:
If Using Google Chrome
- Navigate to Employee Self-Service: Accept any prompts to save bookmarks.
- Employee Self-Service: Click on “Employee Self-Service” from the Bookmark menu. If you do not find it readily available, manually drag it from the left side of the screen to the right, save your changes, and reload the page.
- Viewing Pay Stubs: To access your current pay stub, click on “Pay Checks.” If you wish to view previous pay stubs, select “Year to Date,” pick the desired year, click on “Payment Details,” and then choose the specific paystub you want to view.
If Using Internet Explorer
- If Lawson automatically opens in Internet Explorer, ensure that you copy and paste the provided link into Google Chrome to proceed with the steps outlined above.